настройки SentinelRAID 150

Конфигурирование, планирование RAID систем, возможности, технологии, теория. Qlogic, LSI Logic, Adaptec ...

Модераторы: Trinity admin`s, Free-lance moderator`s

Ответить
Demchev E

настройки SentinelRAID 150

Сообщение Demchev E » 17 окт 2005, 18:32

Добрый день, подскажите, пожалуйста по следующему вопросу:
В контроллере SentinelRAID 150 есть такие настройки:
1. Maximum concurrent host LUN connection ("nexus" SCSI) - значение (1-64)
2. Number of Tags Reserved for each Host-LUN Connection - значения (1-256)
Что определяют эти настройки? Если в Inet-е русскоязычная документация для этого контроллера ?
 Заранее Спасибо. Евгений.

exLH
Сотрудник Тринити
Сотрудник Тринити
Контактная информация:

Сообщение exLH » 18 окт 2005, 12:35

1. Maximum concurrent host LUN connection ("nexus" SCSI) - значение (1-64)
"The configuration option adjusts the internal resources for use with a number of current host nexus. If there are four host computers (A, B, C, and D) accessing the array through four host IDs/LUNs (ID 0, 1, 2 and 3), host A through ID 0 (one nexus), host B through ID 1 (one nexus), host C through ID 2 (one nexus) and host D through ID 3 (one nexus) - all queued in the cache - that is called 4 nexus. If there are I/Os in the cache through four different nexus, and another host I/O comes down with a nexus different than the four in the cache (for example, host A access ID 3), the controller will return "busy.? Note that it is "concurrent" nexus; if the cache is cleared up, it will accept four different nexus again. Many I/Os can be accessed via the same nexus."
Вкратце - сколько одновременных подключений host-LUN может обслуживать контроллер.
2. Number of Tags Reserved for each Host-LUN Connection - значения (1-256)
"Each nexus has 32 (the default setting) tags reserved. When the host computer sends 8 I/O tags to the controller, and the controller is too busy to process them all, the host might start to send less than 8 tags during every certain period of time since then. This setting ensures that the controller will accept at least 32 tags per nexus. The controller will be able to accept more than that as long as the controller internal resources allow - if the controller does not have enough resources, at least 32 tags can be accepted per nexus."
Гарантированное число тэгов, которые будут помещены в очередь для каждого коннекта host-LUN.

Если в Inet-е русскоязычная документация для этого контроллера ?
Нет.

Мораль: при выборе поставщика дисковых систем, учитывайте его возможность обеспечить адекватную сервисную поддержку. Чтобы потом не пришлось по форумам выисквать ответы на возникающие вопросы. Мы (в силу того, что не являемся сервисным центром Infortrend'a) можем обеспечить должный уровень сервиса только на аппараты, проданные нами. Хотя советом конечно можем помочь :)

Ответить

Вернуться в «Массивы - RAID технологии.»